The COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread all over the whole world and they are few countries that haven’t reported any single case. A lot of companies in Uganda have joined hands to reduce the transmission and spread of this virus. Airtel Uganda has launched numbers through which you can donate to the Uganda Red Cross and the Ministry of Health for free.
All donations go towards supporting the efforts of the Uganda Red Cross and MOH in fighting the further spread of the virus and also to help those who can’t look after themselves as a result of lockdown.
Here is how to donate to Uganda Red Cross using Airtel Money.
- Dial *185*9#
- Enter the Business Number 1161184
- You will then be prompted to enter the amount of money you want to donate.
- And then also enter the reference
- And confirm the transaction with your Mobile Money PIN
Here is how to donate to the Ministry of Health
- Dial *185*9#
- Enter the Business Number 1160942
- The followed by entering the amount you are willing to donate
- Enter reference
- And finally, confirm with you MM PIN
Let’s assume that you have no money on your Mobile Money account, but have got some on your Bank Account, Airtel Uganda makes it easy for you to transfer your money from the bank account to the Mobile Money account at no extra cost. Here is how to do it
- Dial *185*7*1#
- Select the Bank you’re using.
- Choose whether you want to transfer money from your Airtel Money wallet to the Bank account or from your Bank account to your Airtel Money wallet.
- Enter your bank Account Number
- Choose the amount you would like to transfer
- And then confirm with your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
There is no doubt that organizations such as Red Cross Uganda have done a great job to help reduce the transmission of Corona Virus in Uganda. Any donation counts for them.