Jumia is the leading online retail shop in Uganda and in sub-saharan Africa. Many retail shops have been failures when it comes to handling returns and exchanges.
If you’re reading this and ever used Jumia services, I guess you have ever ended up receiving a product of lower quality than what you expected or may be missing some accessories. For some online stores, you won’t receive 100% refund for your money, because the company will deduct the handling fee and the cost of the courier from the amount you are credited but for Jumia this is completely free.
Below are the return requirements for Jumia
- Proof of purchase (order number, invoice, etc.)
- The reason for the return must be in accordance with the terms of acceptance of returns (please see terms in the table below)
- Original packaging – the manufacturer packaging
- Any free promotional items – gifts or accessories delivered with the purchased item
- Valid return reason – please refer to the section below for the details
Once you return the product, Jumia will check it to find out whether there is no damages which can result from misuse, the value of the product will be refunded in the sutiable manner.
The refund will take place in the maximum of 5-7days after the competent team receives the returned product . If during the inspection process it is found that the product to be returned is free of the reason stated in your request, the value will not be refunded and the product will be returned to you.
Below is a 5-step process through which you can return an item on Jumia
- Initiate a return by clicking here and go to ORDERS then click on the order of the item(s) you wish to return
- Select the number of items you wish to return, the reason of the return and give Jumia more details to help them identify the issue with the product
- Select your preferred refund method. The refund process begins after Jumia has completed evaluating your returned product. From the day you submitted your return request. This quality evaluation process may take up to 7 days for Kampala and outside of Kampala. They will send you an email notification once return examination is completed.
To process your refund more quickly, customers have the option to request a refund via Jumia Refund Voucher. Jumia Refund Voucher is a return mechanism worth equally to the value of the product you ordered. It is valid for 180 days you need to use your voucher during this period. You can also request Jumia to refund you via mobile money.
- Choose your ideal return process: Return the item yourself to one of our eligible drop-off stations or let us handle it by picking-up the item from you. Place the item(s) in their original packaging with all accessories and drop off your item(s) or schedule a pick-up with one of our agent
- Check your information and submit your return request. Once Jumia receives your returned item, they will inspect it and process your refund within 7 business days via voucher or MTN mobile money depending on your selected option.
If you’re one of those people who have ever returned an item Jumia, please share your experience with us in the comments below.