Don’t be limited by COVID-19, you can now open a Stanbic Bank Account from wherever you’re without visiting any Branic. The only time you will have to visit the branch is to pick up your Visa Debit Card.
In this article I am going to talk about the steps you can take while opening a Stanbic Bank Account online in Uganda.
The first step you will have to visit the Stanbic Bank Uganda Website and Scroll Down to fine “Online Account Opening”
A new page will open with the details about the account you would like to open. These details include; what you will get with the account, how to get it, what it needs, and what it costs.
Requirements for opening and Stanbic Bank Account Online
- A Passport Size Photo
- An Image of your Hand Signature
- A valid National ID (Front and Back) if Ugandan
- A valid Passport if not Ugandan
- A valid Student Identification Card for Students
Photos must meet the following requirements
- The photos must be taken in color.
- They must be taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
- The photos must be taken in front of a plain white or off-white background.
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera.
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Eyeglasses should be taken off in photos except in rare circumstances when eyeglasses cannot be removed for medical reasons, e.g., the applicant has recently had ocular surgery and the eyeglasses are necessary to protect the applicant’s eyes.
- If the eyeglasses are accepted for medical reasons:
- The frames of the eyeglasses must not cover the eye(s).
- There must not be a glare on eyeglasses that obscures the eye(s).
- There must not be shadows or refraction from the eyeglasses that obscure the eye(s).
- If you normally wear a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.
One you’re ready to start the process and have all the requirements, scroll down and click “Open Account Here”
Choose from whether you’re making a new application or continuing with the previous one.
Go ahead to fill in your Personal Information as required, for example Name, Age, Gender, Address, Select the self-service channels you would like on your account such as mobile banking, Stanbic App, Visa card, among others.
You will have to select the type of account you would like to open, choose your daily transaction limit, and go ahead to agree with the terms and conditions.
Click “Next” and add your attachments such as a photo of National ID, Signature, and passport photo as requested. Proceed to confirmation where you will be given a reference number.
One done with all, you will receive a text on your phone from Stanbic Bank Uganda with your one time 4-Digit PIN that can be used for Mobile and Online Banking.
Dial *290# to enter the mobile banking platform and then use the one time PIN sent to you and then set your preferred mobile banking PIN and you will then be able to access your account information and details.
Once your mobile banking has been set-up, dial *290# Choose Option 7 to get your user ID for Internet banking then. Click the Login link, enter the user ID and one-time password for online banking. You will be asked to create a new password to get started. You will be able to receive your visa debit card anytime you visit any Stanbic Bank branch with your National ID and opening balance of UGX 20,000.
As simple as that, expect everything to be set up with 48 hours and you will receive your Stanbic Bank Uganda Account Online.